Rangraz is located in Markazi province, Saveh city. This area is located in the Orumiyeh-Dokhtar Magmatic belt. Access road to the district is possible Through the Tehran-Saveh highway, after passing the three ways of the Rangraz and near the Saveh-Hamedan highway.
Rangraz Copper & Iron
- Genesis: vein type associated with intrusive masses, manto type and mass type for copper, vein-layer for manganese and iron.
- Paragenesis: : bornite, cuprite, chalcopyrite, chalcocite, malachite, azurite, neotocite, pyrite, goethite, hematite, manganese and turquoise.
- Gangue type: silica, carbonate minerals, manganese, hematite & goethite.
- Geochemical Paragenesis: Au, Mo, Cu, Pb, Zn, As, Sb, Ag, Fe, Mn.
- Host rock: granite, silica lithic andesite, lithic tuff, latite andesite.
- Age of host rock: Eocene.
- Alteration: argillic, silicification, propylitic, iron oxide, alunite, jarosite.
Copper: The proven reserve mentioned in discovery certificate for copper is 100,000 tonnes with average grade of 0.7%. It should be noted that further deep drilling is needed to fully explore this reserve, and the reserve may increase several times after completion of exploration.
Iron: According to the exploitation license, proven reserve of iron with average grade of 31% of the hematite is estimated 65,000 tons.
close to asphalted road, the presence of dirt road to mineralization areas and the presence of water, electricity and gas near the area.
- Purchase high-resolution satellite images of area
- Studying prospecting and exploration operation in area
- Taking 80 surface samples from outcrops, dykes and mineralized zones
- Sending 80 samples for analysis by ICP-OES, Fire Assay and XRF methods
- Preparing geology map with the scale of 1:20,000 in 7 km2 areas
- Taking 9 samples for thin and polished section studies
- Preparing topographic and geology map with the scale of 1:5,000 and 1:1000 for determining mineralized areas in 155 hectares and 4 targets
- Geophysical operation with IP & RS methods of 905 stations
- Preparing geophysical map of IP & RS
- Geophysical operation with Georadar method
- Digitization and making GIS Ready of all maps
- Digging 79 trenches on mineralized zones of copper, iron & manganese
- Preparing trench sections and taking 155 samples
- Excavating 7 exploration working faces by shovel
- Construction of 12 drilling platforms
- Drilling 12 boreholes in total depth of 650 m
- Preparing borehole logging and taking 136 samples
- Analysis of 136 samples by ICP-OES and Fire Assay
- Powder drilling of 44 boreholes in total length of 474 m
- Taking and analysis of 236 samples from boreholes by AAS
- Economic evaluation and reserve estimation based on trenches and boreholes data
- Writing the final report
This district has Exploitation License for Iron ore & Discovery Certificate for Copper and belongs to the Zarmesh Mining and Commercial Group.