The copper district of Khansorkh with the surface area of 9.47 km2 is located in Kerman province near Sirjan city. This district is located in the Urumieh-Dokhtar (Tanguyeh) exploration zone. The target district is in 60 km of asphalted road (Bardsir-Sirjan) toward Sirjan (Khansorkh’s checkpoint) and a dirt road with the length of 17.2 km toward Imam Zadeh Hamzeh.
Khansorkh Copper IOCG
- Genesis: IOCG, scattered veins and mass
- Paragenesis: Malachite, Azurite, Chalcopyrite, Chalcocite, Native Copper, Oligiste, Pyrite
- Type of minerals and main minerals: Chalcopyrite, Chalcocite and Malachite
- Gangue type: Silica
- Geochemical Paragenesis: Copper, Molybdenum, Gold, Silver and Iron
- Host rock: Granite to granodiorite, granitoid type (I) and granite aplite veins
- Age of host rock: Eocene onwards
- Alteration: Weak argillic around the veins
Dimensions of the mineral in the southern part due to the outcrop of ore are several veins with the length of several tens of meters (totally over 500 meters) and the width of 0.5 to 3 meters and in the northern section two veins with the length of 300 and 50 meters and the width of 0.5 to 5 meters. The average grade of the northern and southern parts is about 1.26 percent.
According to the exploration, the proven reserve is 327940 tons ore with the average grade of about 1.3 percent (it should be noted that the amount of reserve basis of the issued exploration certificate is 125,000 tons ore with the average grade of 0.5 percent). The probable reserve of ore is about 506500 tons ore with the average grade of 1.26 percent.
Electricity and asphalted road exist within 12 km of the district. Dirt road exist up to the outcrop of mineral and water is in the region.
- Preparing geological map with the scale of 1:20,000 in 14.5 km2 areas, and petrographic (10 thin sections) and mineralogy (6 thin and polished sections) studies
- Preparing topographic map with the scale of 1:20,000
- Preparing Aster satellite images in order to remote sensing studies and determination types of alterations such as Argillic, Propylitic, Silica and Iron oxide
- Prospecting studies and exploration in the exploration area
- Digging trenches and exploration holes with volume of 1,030 m3
- Geological survey of digging trenches and holes
- Surface sampling of outcrops for 50 samples
- Geophysical operation (RS & IP) for determination of induced polarization intensity and resistivity on vertical profiles in mineralization zone in northern and southern parts of mineralization
- Digitizing and making GIS ready of all maps
- Systematic sampling of digging trenches and holes for 120 samples
- Analysis of samples by the method of ICP-OES
- Sampling for XRD analysis of 5 samples
- The longitudinal survey of trenches with the scale of 1:200
- Digging hole in volume of 300 m3
- Preparing the report of semi detailed phase (second phase)
- Mapping with the scale of 1:1,000 and 60 ha area with geological map
- Design and drilling of borehole in 375.6m
- Logging of deep drilling in 375.6m
- Analysis the trenches and boreholes samples as systematic sampling of 114 samples
- Modelling and reserve estimation based on deep and surface data
- Preparing detailed report (final phase)
This district has the exploitation license and belongs to Yaghout Kooh Panj Sirjan Company.