Copper district of Kahak with the area of 18.4 square kilometers is located in the province of Qom near the city of Kahak. This area is located in the Urmia-Dokhtar exploration zone, the target district is in 20 km from the asphalted road (Qom to Kashan road) from Qom to Kahak and in a dirt road in 5km of the east of the district.
- Genesis: Michigan vein (Manto Type), Basaltic Copper (Copper in the vicinity of Carbonate Iron ore – volcanic unit)
- Paragenesis of ore: Malachite, Chalcocite, Covellite, Azurite and Chalcopyrite
- Gangue type: Silica and Carbonate minerals
- Geochemical paragenesis: Silver, Copper and Barite
- Host rock: Andesite (Mega-Andesite), Basaltic Andesite Tuff (volcanic) in the vicinity of thick Lime (Orbitoline bearing)
- Age of host rock: Eocene-Oligocene (Eocene volcanics)
- Alteration: Propylitic, Chlorite, Epidote
Dimension of the mineral in this district is 600 meters length and 1 to 4 meters width and average copper grade in the oxide zone is 2 percent and in the sulfide zone is approximately 1 percent.
Proven reserve of Copper with the average grade of 1.4% is 205,958 tones and with the average grade of 2.3% is 100,987 tones.
Water and electricity are located in 1.5 km of the area and there is dirt road to the mineralization zone.
- Collecting of available information, including geological and topographic maps, previous provided reports,… , doing office works and planning for performing field operations
- Preparing topographic map with the scale of 1:20,000 in 18.4 km2 area
- Preparing geological map with the scale of 1:20,000 in 18.4 km2 areas
- Taking 20 samples for preparing geological map with the scale of 1:20,000
- Studying thin and polished section of 20 samples for preparing geological map with the scale of 1:20,000
- Taking samples and chemical analysis by ICP method and Gold for 8 samples
- Studying, geological operation and prospecting in all of exploration area
- Digging 21 trenches by chipping in mineralized zones
- Drilling five exploration holes in the volume of 10 m3
- Survey of trenches sections and exploration holes (from the view of rock units, mineralization, topography and …) and computer drawing
- Taking samples from trenches and exploration holes of 26 samples and analysis them by ICP method
- Preparing topographic map with the scale of 1:1,000 in the 60 ha area of copper and barite mineralized zones
- Preparing geological map with the scale of 1:1,000 in the 60 ha area of copper and barite mineralized zones
- Geophysical operation in mineralized zones by IP and RS methods with five profiles which 784 points have been totally surveyed
- Taking five samples for preparing polished sections related to minerals recognition
- Preparing four samples from extraction of trench and hole digging and analysis by ICP method
- Drilling eight exploration boreholes in 421.75 m
- Cores cutting in 421.75 m and sampling from them
- Analysis of 63 taken samples from cores
- Logging of all boreholes and exploration data analysis and drawing the charts
- Reserve modeling
- Evaluation and estimation of Copper and Barite reserves
- Preparing the final reports
This area has the exploitation license and belongs to Seyed Ali Meshkani.