Copper and Molybdenum district of Darb Mazar with the area of 38 km, is located in Kerman province, near the city of Jiroft. This district is located in the Urmia-Dokhtar (Jabal Barez) exploration zone. The target area is 25 km far from Jiroft Road to Kerman (Delfard Road), the village of Darb Mazar, next to the main road of Jiroft-Kerman.
Darb Mazar Copper with Molybdenum
- Genesis: Porphyry and in some parts of the district is vein.
- Paragenesis: Malachite, Azurite, Chalcopyrite, Chalcocite, Molybdenite, Ferro Molybdenum, Iron hydroxides, Silica
- Type of ore and minerals: Chalcopyrite, Molybdenite, Malachite, Azurite, Pyrite, Hematite and Goethite.
- Gangue type: Silica and calcite veinlets
- Geochemical paragenesis: Copper, Molybdenum and Gold
- Host rock: Granodiorite to Quartz diorite and Leucogranite
- Age of host rock: Eocene and Paleocene
- Alteration: Argillic, Propylitic and Phyllic
Dimensions of ore in porphyry section according to mineral outcrop, is a mass of 750 to 1000 m in length, width of 50 to 150 m and a height of about 40 m, and the average grade of copper in this section is between 0/3 to 1% and molybdenum grade is between 15 to 70 ppm. In the vein section, there are several veins with the length of between 10 to 100 m and width of 1 to 2 m and the copper grade is between 2% to 5%, and the grade of gold is between 200 to 1000 ppb and the grade of molybdenum is between 50 to 115 ppm.
According to exploratory operations in this region, the minimum proven reserve is about 648,000 tons of Copper ore with the average grade of 0.51 percent and about 800,000 tons of Molybdenum ore with the grade of 80 grams per ton.
Water, electricity and asphalted roads are about 500 meters far from the mineral deposit and the rest of the road is 200 meters dirt road.
- This target district has two types of mineralization, first: porphyry type and second: veins and veinlet-disseminated mineralization
- Gathering information including maps, regional geology, index and local mine information
- Purchasing and processing aster landsat satellite data
- Sampling from the mineralization
- Providing Geological map (Scale: 1:20000)
- Providing the Geological and Topographic map (Scale: 1:1000)
- Systematic sampling (10*10 GRID) for 120 samples from the mineral outcrop and sending them for analysis
- Geophysical exploration by RS & IP methods (1,050 Points)
- Trench drilling (total length 250m)
- Drilling 645 meters (four, 150m well)
- Logging and core cutting for 600m
- Sampling from the core (300 samples) and send them to the laboratory for analysis
- Providing a preliminary and semi-detailed exploration map and presenting them to mining and industry organization
This district has the exploitation license and belongs to Zamin Jouyan Pars Company.